The editor menu
- Copy Edited Sources: Clicking this tab will load the copy-edited author sources on the left side and the corresponding PDF on the right side. This is the default state when a user lands at Neptune(Screenshot).
- Author Changes: Click this tab to load pre-author-edited version (middle), post-author-edited version (right) and a tracker window (left) listing only author made changes which are hyperlinked to the edited source document (Screenshot). Click for more details.
- Copy Edited PDF and Final PDF: Click this tab to load the PDF generated from copy-edited sources on the left and the PDF generated from author edited sources on the right. This would provide the author a chance to compare the changes made by her (Screenshot).
- Help: Click this tab to launch help document which is an annotated PDF document that explains all menu items and tells about the features and editing procedures.
- Track Changes: This button (OFF by default) when clicked, will launch the tracker window. Click for more details.
- Compile: Click to compile the edited document to generate PDF.
- Save: As the name indicates, click to save the edited document. Changes will be auto-saved on compilation.
- Find & Replace: Find/Replace a string.
- Go to Line: Provide the line number in the adjacent box, clicking this button will take you to the line number in text editor.
Output viewer menu
- Submit: Submit the edited document once all the edits are done. All the queries shall be resolved before submitting, if not, Neptunewill not allow this task. No further changes can be done on a submitted document.
- Sign Out: Leave Neptune.
- Help: Clicking this button will take the user to video tutorial.
- Buttons (white row): The buttons are standard and are explained in sequential order from left to right: bookmarks; search string in PDF; previous page; next page; go to page; previous view; forward view; zoom out; zoom in; view menu; fullscreen; open file; print; download; current view; tools menu. All buttons have tooltip explaining functionality.